As we prepare for the Fall and Winter seasons, changes are underway at Sew Steamboat. Mariana Ishida, our founding partner is saying goodbye to embark on her next adventure in life. Although, the time has come for her to part from us, we all had a wonderful time and she was a great colleague for us to learn and grow from. Mariana, we wish you calm seas and a serene path. May all your future wishes come true!
The partners at Sew Steamboat welcome Blair Weibel to the group! Blair is a super enthusiastic crafter and we’re so glad to have her on board. Look for her bio at SewSteamboat.com in the near future!
Learn knitting and crocheting Tips & Tricks at Sew Steamboat.com. Be sure to like us and follow us on Facebook to receive special offers and discounts.
Lets Swap.it! Saturday, September 13th 2:00 – 4:00 PM
Is your stash becoming stale? Bring it down to Sew Steamboat to swap and freshen your creativity!!! Drop off your skeins, yards of fabric and fat quarters at Sew Steamboat between September 8th and 12th so we can get them all organized.
Then, join us on September 13th from 2-4pm to swap that stash! We'll have door prizes and tasty treats to enjoy during the swap.
Here are the rules:
- We'll have a sign-in sheet for everyone when you drop off your yarn or fabric. Make sure to let us know your name, phone number and number of skeins, yards of fabric or fat quarters that you have dropped off.
- Swap a maximum of five skeins of yarn, two yards of fabric (total) or five fat quarters. For apparel fabrics, we have a minimum of one yard.
- All things being equal, we are restricting the swap to skeins of yarn for skeins of yarn, fat quarter for fat quarter, fabric yard for yard.
- Please label your fabric with the yardage so it is easy to figure.
- All fabric should be free of stains, holes and major damage. While it's true that “one man's trash is another man's treasure,” no one should be stuck with actual trash.
- Skeins of yarn should be whole with the label intact.
- Any remaining yarn and fabric will be donated to 4H.
During the swap, if you pick it up first, it's yours.
Upcoming Classes -
Beginning Sewing For Adults starts Thursday, September 11th at 5pm with two other sessions on the 18th and 25th. Let's Sew a Coiled Basket will offer lots of fun using clothesline and 1” strips of fabric scraps on Sunday, September 14th from 1-2 pm.